Nuffnang ad! =)

Instagram


Friday 1 November 2013

Cheesefest 2013


Attended CHEESEFEST 2013 at Rymill Park last saturday, 26th OCT.
Silly us didn't know that it wasn't a free event, and it costs 15 aud to enter. We paid anyway, since we have never attended such event before. So off we went , taking our wine glasses and lining up for free cheese and wine tasting.


















Only manage to took a few pictures as I forgot my camera. I did not expect this event to be so huge! look at the amount of people ! you get to taste variety of cheese and not to forget, wine tasting!
how awesome is that?
Once you enter, there will be people handing out wine glasses and offering sunblock, since it was a hot day and they do not want you to get skin cancer. How considerate.







Passed by this tent, where they had a tiny train carrying all types of cheese. How cool is that? Acting as a conveyer belt and boy was I fascinated. I think you had to pay to actually eat these cheese. I did not stay to try because their next session was filled. 

headed to the fondue booth where they displayed different fondue set, and ranging back to the late 60's ! How awesome is that? by the way, those are real fruits you're looking at.
Manage to take a picture of this cheese, fused with herbs and flower, it's called Monet. I think it's made of goats cheese, but I may be wrong :). It looks pretty and tastes good as well :)
There were some stalls selling snacks and food for those who gets bored of cheese and really wants to fill their tummy up. Manage to take a glimpse of these petite yet classy looking tarts. I didn't get it as it seems really expensive. it the size of my palm and it costs 8 aud for one? Killer.
Headed home after 3 hours? I've tried cow, goats,sheeps and even buffalo cheese. Gotta say, huge difference is noted. Some taste good and some are so-so in my opinion. The vintage cheddar served was too much for me to bear, and I am a cheese lover! I'm able to eat most of the blue cheese but boy this vintage cheddar has that real vintage and bitterness to it, after popping 2 sweets into my mouth, the taste lingers. Shivers .
Saw this custom made car as we were heading home. HOW COOL IS THAT? bet he still had to pay for his car rego and insurance. 



 
Saw this on the way back, such a cutie! cannot resist leaving without a picture or two. 




Headed home feeling gassy and bloated. For once, I had to surrender and say I had too much CHEESE. however, it did satisfy a cheese lover like me ! :)

Baked apple cheesecake crumble that night. HAHA, I know I know, just couldn't resist the irony of it. 




That's it for now!

Stay healthy and happy :)


xoxo,

Lenna